MIND.BODY.SPIRIT. - the healthy lifestyle ministry at CUMC that integrates faith and health, promoting holistic health. It strives to inform, encourage, inspire and empower us to improve the quality of our lives. As United Methodists, we are committed to creating opportunities for vibrant mental, physical and spiritual health for the well-being of all people. This is the life that God intends for each of us.
Our Biblical Roots inform that health is the ultimate design of God for humanity. When God formed us from dust He breathed spirit into us to create life. Jesus was defined by his healing ministry when he said, “I came that they may have life and have it abundantly.” John 10:10
Our Calling- to care about the health and wellbeing of all people.
Our Vision- for a vibrant, healthier lifestyle for all through the linking of mind, body and spirit.
- St. Joseph Mercy Oakland
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Illness)
- Health Ministries Association
- How Right Now
- Ways to Manage Stresss: Stress Management Link
- Dealing with Pandemic Anxiety
- Book:Now What? A Guide to the Gifts and Challenges of Aging
- Flint Institute of Arts Virtual and In-Person Exhibits and Lectures