Clarkston United Methodist Church has a wide variety of caring resources to support the congregation and the community
Some Caring Resources:
- Pastoral Care: A team of trained pastoral care volunteers or staff members who are available to provide spiritual guidance, counseling, and support to individuals and families going through difficult times.
- Support groups: Clarkston United Methodist Church may offer support groups for specific issues such as grief, addiction, and recovery, mental health, or parenting.
- Community outreach: We partner with local organizations to provide assistance and support to those in need, such as food banks, homeless shelters, and disaster relief efforts.
- Home visitations: Trained volunteers who visit people in their homes, particularly those who are sick, elderly, or shut-in.
- Prayer and Healing Services: Prayer and healing services that provide an opportunity for people to receive prayer and support for physical, emotional, and spiritual healing.
- Education and training: Classes, workshops, and other educational opportunities to help individuals and families grow in their faith and deepen their understanding of the Bible and Jesus' teachings.
- Social events: Social events such as potlucks, game nights, picnics, and other activities, which can provide a sense of community and belonging for members and visitors.
If You Want a Visit, Please Tell Us!
Given the unusual times, it’s helpful to hear what is most meaningful for you and your family. If you are in a hospital or care facility and would like a visit, please tell us. If you’d like to receive a visit call the church office, submit a prayer request, or contact the clergy directly.
CareNotes: A Resource for You
What do you say to a friend who has cancer? How do you talk with a child about death? How can you support a friend with depression? “CareNotes” pamphlets address these questions and more. Each pamphlet provides basic information that may help address a specific topic, like hospice, grief, or caregiving for a parent. A selection of pamphlets are conveniently located in several places throughout the building. If traveling to the building is not a possibility for you, contact Pastor Megan to learn how we can connect you with these resources.